I have always had a love for long, gorgeous locks and worked to keep mine in tip top shape. A few years ago I became concerned as I started to notice a serious change in my hair. The beautiful hair I had always been so proud of was LITERALLY breaking off by the handfuls from a case of mono. As a result, I have spent the past four years completely reinventing how I wash, treat, and tame my tresses. I worked to find the ultimate hair routine utilizing supplements and products to restore my hair health! Ok, so, my goal today is to provide an understanding of hair health, and the success I have had with the FP beauty and wellness products.
Let’s get started!
Food and Basic Care
- Food: We always hear you are what you eat and this is especially true when it comes to the condition of your hair. Food has a HUGE impact on your hair. It is important to work at feeding your hair from the inside out. Foods such as Almonds, Avocados and Salmon all have omega-3’s that help aid in building thicker stronger and longer hair.
- Brush: I brush my hair 200 times a day (100 in the morning and 100 at night) this helps stimulate the scalp which helps promote healthy follicles, and increase growth speed
- Towel: This may sound silly, but, I use a special towel when I get out of the shower. The Aquis towel helps dry your hair without damaging hair that is prone to breaking when it is wet. This towel is amazing!! It helps reduce your drying time while also reducing any kind of frizz and breakage that a normal towel would cause. I comb through my hair, put my serum in, and stick the towel on and relax. Cutting down drying time with heat on your hair is going to be a major win for your hair.
Ingestibles are a MAJOR part of hair health. These little babies are packed full with every nutrient your hair needs to give you that gorgeous mane. When I started taking specific things to target hair growth/health, my life literally changed (so did my hair).
- HUM: Runway Ready
- This is packed full of Biotin, Black Currant, and Sunflower Seed to support glowing and growing hair. These three ingredients will make you feel like strutting your stuff down the runway, or just as you walk out your front door.
- GLOW By The Beauty Chef:
- AHHH!!!! To me this is the HOLY GRAIL of beauty products. My hair, skin and nails have completely changed in the one year I have used this. I was first introduced to the Beauty Chef at a home office visit where Beauty Buyer Jessica Richards RAVED about how amazing this was. I’m known to pretty much try any and every beauty product known to mankind so I instantly bought it, and have been hooked ever since. My hair grows so fast from using this I mean literally my hair grows ¾ to an 1 inch a month *FYI average hair growth is ½ inch a month.
- Beauty Dust by Moon Juice:
- Beauty Dust is amazing for packing a punch into your beauty routine. This dust (like the other items) helps promote hair health through wild-crafted herbs. Pop this in your morning drink, and instantly feel beautiful.
Shampoo & Conditioner
Switching to natural shampoo and conditioner has changed my hair a ton. Non-natural shampoos and conditioners can create build up and residue on the hair. The residue can block the oils that your scalp produces. The True Blue Spirulina Shampoo is an amazing natural shampoo and conditioner created to strip the scalp of any unwanted product and dirt while promoting hair thickness, and longevity. My hair has never been shinier than when I use this shampoo and conditioner combo.
Serums & Masking
Just like your skin your hair needs Serums and Masks regularly. My favorite serums are the Yarok Feed your Youth Serum that helps with the longevity of your hair. I use this one every time I wash my hair (about every 2-3 days sometimes longer if I’m lucky). The Tela probiotic Fountain of Hair Serum I use every. Single. Day. Using this product from your roots to your ends, it is designed to add youthfulness into your hair, helping your hair thrive, and give you long-term healthy strands.
This product protects your scalp, strengthens your ends, and creates more youthful, bouncy, overall gorgeous hair. The Tela probiotic mask is a mask I do weekly to strengthen my locks. I curl my hair almost every single day so that can create damage to my ends. This mask completely helps with restoring my dead ends so I can continue to curl my hair.
THE BEST HAIR TOOL I OWN. This self-rotating curling iron creates effortless waves, also MAJOR points to this iron for doing the least amount of damage and keeping my hair curled all day long. 10/10 for this curling iron.